Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017

Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy - PC Game Review


Hello my fellow Bats,
Today I will be reviewing a Hidden Object Game on the Platform Steam. It is called Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy.

Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy is a Casual Hidden Object Game Developed and Published by MumboJumbo. The Game is about the mysterious death from Edgar Allan Poe, which died 200 years ago. The Game was released on the 28th of September 2009. It comes with English Interface only. Its native steam price is 9,99€ and it does not provide Steam Trading Cards or Steam Achievements.

Although I am myself are not very familiar with the full Edgar Allan Poe Story, I did enjoy the Game regardless. The setting is grim, gray and rather gothic like.

Most Hidden Object Games are very vibrant and have beautiful Art. Whilst this one is rather grim and dark, but yet still lovely to look at.

What I specifically loved about this game was that in comparison to other Hidden Object Games, on the Hidden Object Scenes you have a Lamp that shows you the outline of what an actual item you are searching for in the List looks like. This is especially helpful if you are a non native English speaker, as some of the object names are in old English or just a word you might not know.

The Resolution of the Game was rather low and if I remember correctly couldn't be changed, which at first took some time to get used to, but once I got used to it, I discovered what a hidden Gem it really is.

The Story is very well written and I enjoyed it quite a lot myself. The Hidden Object Scenes and Puzzles were exactly the right difficulty, not to hard but not to easy either.

Since this is the first Game in the Midnight Mysteries Series and there are a total of 5 Midnight Mystery Games, I do recommend playing them in order as it seems to be rather important. Also due to the fact that the first Game has a rather low resolution it is more pleasing for the eye to start if the lowest resolution and then upgrading over time with the newer Games.

All in all Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy is a hidden Gem in the Hidden Object World and I believe must be played by any Fan of those kind of Games. I personally fell in love with not only the Story and the Grim art style but also with its mechanics, that made playing as a non native English speaker a lot more pleasant.

Since I have completed the Game in only 3.5 Hours I would recommend either getting the Game on the next Sale or grabbing it in a Bundle.

This Game is Vampire Approved because of its Gothic Grim Atmosphere, art Style and non native English user friendly UI.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen